Seeds of Diversity
is a Canadian volunteer organization that conserves the biodiversity and traditional knowledge of food crops and garden plants.
Take a Tour of
Seeds of Diversity's
Canadian Seed Library
Are you a gardener? Save an endangered plant!
- Learn to save seeds from the plants in your garden
- Grow an endangered variety, and help us save it!
- Multiply seeds for our national Seed Library
- Discover the amazing diversity of Canada's traditional plants
Not a seed saver? You can still get involved
Not a gardener? Support our volunteers who protect your seed heritage
- Anyone can join Seeds of Diversity, to provide a strong national voice for food biodiversity conservation and good seed policy
- Your membership and donation support gardeners and farmers who are saving Canada's seeds
Seeds of Diversity is the source for information about heritage seeds, seed saving, plant diversity, garden history and your own garden heritage.
Join members, from coast to coast, who collect and share nearly 3500 varieties of heritage fruits and vegetables through our national Member Seed Exchange.
Discover the incredible diversity of heritage plants!
Subscribe to our magazine, Seeds of Diversity, and learn about Canadian gardeners who are making a difference, preserving food biodiversity, documenting Canada's horticultural heritage, and sharing the legacy of the "People's Seeds".